Tuesday 22 March 2011

"Hell, you scare me - and I'm the prince of darkness." ~Gary Oldman as The Devil




        The Wikipedia description of Gary Oldman reads "an English actor and filmmaker, well-known to audiences for his portrayals of dark and morally ambiguous characters", i.e., literally spelling out what this list is all about. Much like his Harry Potter co-star Alan Rickman, he too is widely-loved, but never "awards-esquely" appreciated.
      Lets hope times change.




 A look back...
Sid Vicious: If it wasn't for my mum's kindness, we'd be out on the fucking streets!


Lee Harvey Oswald: What the fuck's he doin' here?


Count Dracula: I am the monster that breathing men would kill. I am Dracula.



Drexl: He must have thought it was white boy day. It ain't white boy day, is it?




Stansfield: I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects. Do you like Beethoven?


 
Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg: I don't like warriors. Too narrow-minded, no subtlety. And worse, they fight for hopeless causes. Honor? Huh! Honor's killed millions of people, it hasn't saved a single one.



Mason Verger: I guess now you wish you would've fed the rest of me to the dogs.


Richard Crosby: You wouldn't happen to have a really big fork?



The Devil: I am the Devil! Satan, Lucifer, Beelzebub, the Prince of Darkness! Well, the Princ-ess of Darkness, anyway.


Sirius Black: I *was* going for the rat. Normally, I have a very sweet disposition as a dog. In fact, more than once, James suggested that I make the change permanent. The tail I could live with. But the fleas? They're murder.


Lord Shen: The only reason you are still alive is that I find your stupidity mildly amusing.


And finally...
Ivan Korshunov: You can end this all with one phone call Mr. President!




          I know that Ivan Korshunov is a seemingly random choice for my favourite, but that is the first film of his I saw, and I'm a huge Air Force One fan, and he was a very effective villain in it. Also yes Beat The Devil is a short (a brilliant one nonetheless) and Richard Crosby is from FRIENDS (which is the best TV show ever), but aren't they just the most brilliant characters?
        
A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MR. OLDMAN!! YOU ARE A CINEMATIC LEGEND!!
        
This is part 6 of Favourite Villains and Anti-heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment