Sunday 10 April 2011

"I have seen your heart, and it is mine." ~Ralph Fiennes as Lord Voldemort

Villains never looked this good. True he hasn't played as many villaineous roles as some of the other people in this list, but Ralph Fiennes has always been my favourite movie villain-actor. Except while making the list, I realised that there is one actor who is still greater (will post that next). Anyways, it still means that gorgeous and diabolical Fiennes is in my top two. Despite his very apparent superior looks, Fiennes has the ability to truly portray purly dak and evil characters, probably making him even scarier. A stellar actor as well, Fiennes truly shines onscreen as both the bad and good, but especially the bad.


A look back...
Francis Dollarhyde: I am the Dragon. And you call me insane. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. To me, you are a slug in the sun. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly. Before me, you rightly tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe.


Lord Voldemort: I'm going to kill you, Harry Potter. I'm going to destroy you. After tonight, no one will ever again question my power. After tonight if they speak of you, they'll only speak of how you begged for death. And how I being a merciful Lord... obliged.

Harry: Don't be stupid. This is the shootout.


Hades:  I'm a god! I will live forever!


And finally...
Amon Goeth: I would like so much to reach out to you and touch you in your loneliness. What would it be like, I wonder? What would be wrong with that? I realize that you are not a person in the strictest sense of the word, but, um, maybe you're right about that too. Maybe what's wrong, it's not us, it's this... I mean, when they compare you to vermin, to rodents and to lice. I just, uh, you make a good point. You make a very good point. Is this the face of a rat? Are these the eyes of a rat? "Hath not a Jew eyes?" I feel for you Helen.
No, I don't think so. You Jewish bitch, you nearly talked me into it, didn't you?


       Amon Goeth is a legend... one of the reasons why I prefer The Pianist to Schindler's List is the reason that I felt the villain had more character than the hero (I love you Liam Neeson still). My mum still gets amazed when I tell her that guy is Voldemort.

This is part 7 of Favourite Actors playing Villains and Anti-heroes.

5 comments:

  1. He was brilliance itself in Schindlers List, it was such a harrowing film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Fiennes portrayal of Goeth was far more memorable than Neeson, which is saying a lot considering that Neeson was excellent...

    He's a great villain actor, I particularly enjoyed seeing him in In Bruges, he was hilarious and yet sinister.

    I like your blog by the way, I check it out rather often yet always forget to leave comments, I'll try and change that as you do write some interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was brilliant as spider.

    ReplyDelete