Friday 12 August 2011

Thoughts

My thoughts for this week:


First, personal rant- My movie-watching has been on an all-time low these past couple of months. I mean I have to go check the Recently Watched/Rewatched List from my blog to remember what all I've seen. It's insane! And I haven't read a book since when...I, quite frankly, feel illiterate nowadays. College has taken over my life; not to mention the hours I spend in front of my laptop screen, trying desperately to write something with meaning, or even coherent sentences. Like right now. I have to review Super 8, Midnight in Paris, and an old favourite- In Bruges, but I dunno when I'll get time or the sudden inspiration to be able to write them. My script-writing dreams also are fairly distant at present...I just dunno what to write!!! *sniff sniff*
Personal Rant Over.


TrailersLike CrazyThe SitterIn Time and Coriolanus. Like Crazy is about two young people who fall in love, but the evils of immigration come between them, and they just can't seem to let go of each other. It stars Felicity Jones, Jennifer Lawrence, and the adorable Anton Yelchin. The star-crossed, Transatlantic lovers are played by Jones and Yelchin. The Sitter has Seth Rogen acting as a babysitter to few kids. Seriously need I say more? It's insane and kind of fun. Now In Time...woah baby. Six Words- Olivia Wilde plays Justin Timberlake's mum. This might be awesome, might be shit. The king of trailers this week is ofcourse, Coriolanus, directed by my favouritest baddie in all of the world- Ralph Fiennes. It is based on a lesser known Shakespeare play. From what I can understand, the language will remain Shakespearean. Fiennes looks chilling, and amazing. I do like Gerard Butler in this too. I am a true lover of 300, and Leonidas (inspite of the overwhelming CGI) and am glad he's doing roles like this in place of Ugly Truth *shudders*.


Other promotional stuffThe Girl with the Dragon Tattoo bios are out. These look dumb. Honestly. What's the point? And Daniel Craig looks like he's been mud wrestling, and has not shaved since the dawn of time. Rooney Mara looks like a skeleton, without eyebrows. And that blade necklace...really? "Oh look at me, I'm goth and into blade necklaces- could I be more cliched?" Yes I'm being mean, but it's really been bugging me since I saw it yesterday. I like her earrings though. 


On Tumblr this week- This is friggin' hilarious! I am not trying to make fun of anyone's religious beliefs by posting this. I just thought it was very funny, and only that.

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your Super 8 review!

    And Anton Yelchin? *swoon* You're right, he's adorable. He became even cuter with his russian accent in the new Star Trek.

    *pssst I think you liked our Facebook page? Danke! It's a mad-crazy project, and our tutor is so vague!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...I will write it as soon as I get a chance. Anton Yelchin in Star Trek is to die for. That whole film is to die for, but he's so cute. I love him in Charlie Bartlett most though.
    Yes I did like it. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your personal rant could've been my own. It's really sad how few movies I've seen in the last couple of weeks. And yes, the never-ending need to write something great is great motivation but there sure is pressure at times! Especially when your mind is on blank XD. Ok, now I'm just rambling. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. It's good to ramble once in a while I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your personal rant - It's okay. I've actually been watching a crapload of movies these days, and because I'm making time for movies and I have soooooooooo much homework, I don't really have a lot of time to blog. I should probably quit blogging soon, but I honestly do not think I could live without it.

    Anyway, the trailers are pretty cool. I quite like the look of Like Crazy, mainly because I enjoy those sorts of romantic movies. But Coriolanus has got me shaking in my boots. Yes, that's mainly because my main man Ralph 'sex on legs' Fiennes is in it, and he's directing. But it looks like it could be an awesome retelling of Shakespeare. My goodness, I can't wait!

    Oh, and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo bios are pretty dumb. Still looking forward to the movie, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I can't live without blogging wither. It's my one creative output though I really miss watching 3 movies, or even just one a day.

    Ralph Fiennes is sex on legs. Even when he's Voldemort. I wanna see Coriolanus too!! It will be awesomeness itself.

    That blade necklace-bghbgjknkjbnj But it's Fincher and I love him, so I wanna watch it.

    ReplyDelete