Saturday 27 August 2011

Thoughts

1) So I saw Robert Redford's Quiz Show this week and went nuts over Ralph Fiennes's sublime looks. I have been thinking...as much as I love him in his crazed baddie roles (and I really do), he should  play one of those dashing men roles again...with hair. Maybe it's a girlie wish, and Coriolanus looks epic etcetera but gah, why can't hot men do hot roles once in a while?! It's like how Leo Di Caprio should do a romcom next. And I do not mean Maid in Manhattan

2) Good week for trailers- CarnageThe Artist and The Rum Diary. I can't decide which one is the king of the trailers. First we have Carnage, directed by a great favourite of mine, Roman Polanski, and supporting an splendid cast of Kate Winslet, Christoph Waltz, Jodie Foster and John C. Reily. I think it looks damn fun, and since I haven't seen the original play and have no idea what it's about, based on the trailer all I can understand is that it's two sets of parents who meet up because one's child beat the other and all hell breaks loose...probably. I think Winslet stands out in the quartet in the trailer, but Waltz is my funny scary man. The Artist is stark contrast to this. It's a modern day silent film about a silent movie star who falls in love, starts losing his status while his love interest starts becoming famous. I think it looks absolutely fabulous. I am not particularly familiar with silent films, but this looks so promising that I cannot be excited enough! Now The Rum Diary- I love Johnny Depp, period. And he looks damn sexy in this. I remember when the casting news had first started and Josh Hartnett was being considered, who was my Andrew Garfield at the time. I had been so excited to see him and Depp together, and though that hasn't really happened, it still looks pretty incredible. I had tried watching Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas when I was 12 or 13 and it had made no sense. Still I am shivering with excitement at the prospect of seeing my favourite leading man create some movie magic- the kind that has nothing to do with pirates or Tim Burton (what can I say- bitter truth).

3) Haven't you always wanted to go totally John Malkovich in a brilliant director's head? Personally, my number 1 is Quentin Tarantino, but this guy doesn't seem so bad. Or the film he is working on:

I like the "HIT HARD AND BLOODY", "Hitchcock" and "HIS FORK FROZEN MID-AIR" parts best.


Your thoughts now :)

2 comments:

  1. I love how Ralph went from Schindler's List to Quiz Show. He went from sadistic to charming. If that ain't versatility, I don't know what is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw The English Patient, which came after Quiz Show...in which he played an invalid for half of the film. THAT is versatility. I love Fiennes!

    ReplyDelete