Wednesday 22 August 2012

"All children, except one, grow up."

BIRTHDAY POST!!

          Okay no, it's not my birthday yet, not for another three days. However I will be going out of station tonight and will only return the day after it. I know I had spoken about celebrating it on the blog, but I have been really tied up. I will definitely do something soon. I am so sorry!

          Anyways, this is, if you haven't read a few of my rants yet, not just any birthday. It is the twentieth. 2-0. When the teens technically end and I'm supposed to grow up. Luckily for me, I have been preoccupied with the play for most of the month and have not freaked out about this whole business. I think I have a bit of the Peter Pan complex, as made more obvious by the title of this post. 

       Still, I am quite looking forward to this next phase of my life. I feel that I have changed a lot since my last birthday. Certainly learned a lot, and I can positively say that this blog, and being part of the blogging community, was a huge reason for that.

       A ginormous thanks to all these blogs- 


Here's a goodbye to the teens and a helloo to the twenties :D

See you on the other side.

16 comments:

  1. Happy (early) birthday, Nikhat - hope you have a good one! Thank you for mentioning me, too, that's so lovely of you!

    It's weird because, like most teenagers who have the Peter Pan complex as you put it, I don't really. I think it comes with delving deep into the working world and not continuing with higher education at teenage-aged years that makes me think like that. I guess that's where you end up, generally, facing adult responsibilities (more money related that isn't provided by a student loan), but in a teenage body!

    Personally can't wait until I'm 20 next year. It's felt like I haven't been a teen for about three years as it is though, but I think they will be missed but a welcome for the big 2-0 is definitely needed!

    Anyway, dunno how that ended up in a ramble about myself, but woo for August babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      I get what you mean. You certainly sound much older and wiser to me.

      Woo for August babies indeed!

      Delete
  2. Happy early birthday! It must feel weird leaving your teenage years. (I turn 20 next year. *shudder*) Just because you're turning 20 doesn't mean you have to act your age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V. weird. I honestly don't know what age I act.

      Thank you so much though :)

      Delete
  3. Happy early birthday! Hope your enjoy your twenties. I think I'm still a child at heart, and I'm 23.

    Thanks for mentioning me by the way! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nawwww, you're going to be 20! That means you're leaving me behind in teenagery, but since you're young at heart, we'll still be cool teenagers together, haha. Happy early Birthday, darling, but I will send you a birthday message when it is actually your birthday!

    And thanks for mentioning me too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dude, I'm *technically* 20. I've already announced that I will be a teenager till I'm 25. No worries :)

      No problem.

      Delete
  5. Now that it IS your Birthday, Let me join in wishing you - Happy Birthday !! Have a Good One !

    Thanks for the mention Nikhat and I hope you know that the feeling is mutual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Nikhat! Hope you had a lovely day! Thanks for the mention :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy! You are welcome :)

      Delete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you had a very nice, stress free day. And thank you so much for the link, that was really kind of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex! It was an... um, interesting day.

      Delete
  8. Happy belated Birthday!
    My present to you is just saying that your blog is awesome (and it's not one of those presents you don't really mean), and I hope the 20s will prove to be just as great as the teens (that wouldn't be hard for me, considering my early-teen depression).
    And thank you soooo much for mentioning me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mette, for all the wishes :D

      Delete