When I started this blog three years ago today, I had no idea what I was doing. It wasn't a film blog, because I didn't know what a film blog was. My first post was about bridges or horizons or something like that, because you know, I was so deep and all.
- It was not until about a year later that I stumbled upon film blogs, one of my firsts being Stevee's wonderful Cinematic Paradox. Her age and taste in films never fails to amaze me.
- Ruth of Let's be splendid about this was another of me earliest blogging friends and followers.
- Then I joined the LAMB, and found myself in this fantastic world of filmlovers, people like me but much, much more knowledgeable.
- When I think of the term 'film blogger', the first name that pops into my head is Ryan McNeil's. His site The Matinee has practically become a daily staple.
- Anna's blog Defiant Success is my go-to site for classic films and she is my go-to person for lengthy Twitter discussions on attractive British actors.
- Sati's site Cinematic Corner is awe-inducing with its gorgeous look and graphics, and her specially wry kind of writing is a lot of fun.
- Aziza is one of the sweetest bloggers I know and her blog Aziza's Picks is growing so fast, it's great!
- I honestly think Mette, who runs Lime Reviews and Strawberry Explosion, is kind of like Yoda- she is full of wisdom and poetic words, and also she loves Fight Club!
- I get all my film and trailer news from Castor's site Anomalous Material.
- Alex, who runs And So It Begins, is kind of an inspiration because he has watched every movie that I have heard of, and he makes movies! Plus, I love his In Character thingies.
- Tyler of Southern Vision has watched every movie that I haven't heard of, and his is my go-to site for foreign films.
- Josh's site The Cinematic Spectacle is really brilliant because he looks at the best in films, whether it is screenplay or cinematography, decade-wise and it is very informative.
- SDG, or Shantanu, is a fellow-Indian blogger and his blog, U, Me and Films is quite excellent.
- This may sound a bit self-centered, but my favourite commenter is Thaddeus. His blog Net-flixation is especially fun because of his weekly questions and all the odd-stuff he finds around the net.
- Andy Buckle is one of the most prolific bloggers out there and his blog, The Film Emporium is superb.
- Cherokee's blog Can You Dig It? is very hip and I love to read her thoughts on "the good, the bad, and the hilarious crap in between".
- M. Hufstader's The Smoking Pen is the badass-est blog around. Love her love for Quentin Tarantino!
- Andrew has one of the best-written blogs that I have come across, Encore's World of Film and TV and it is always a joy to read it.
- Squasher is a blogger I have started following recently and his blog Film Actually is really good.
- Steve's task to finish the 1001 must-see films, as documented in his blog 1001Plus, just motivates me to watch more films, from everywhere and every era.
- Sam's Duke and the Movies is one of my favourite blogs, especially for the Director vs Director and Name that Movie features. It will be closing down soon, but a new and hopefully even better Movie Mezzanine will come in its place.
- Nick is however saying goodbye to blogging, and his fantasticly named Randon Ramblings of a Demented Doorknob will be missed. The hilarious Demented podcast will continue though, so that's a relief.
- Finally Lesya, who though doesn't run her blog anymore, is still one of my favourite film-lovers (her guest post).
I would just like to thank all of these incredible cinephiles, and all the others who I follow or follow me or talk to me on Twitter. I learn so much from all of you.
To bring this post to a close, I give you my updated favourite 100-ish films. I hope to continue blogging as long as I can, and that is mostly due to the film blogging community and of course, the magic of films.